The Best Thanksgiving Getaways In Montana
Montana provided the perfect opportunity if you're looking to mix things up this Thanksgiving and get out of town.
According to Tripping.com, these Montana towns provide the best getaways in the big sky state.
- West Yellowstone: Dive into the Yellowstone Ski Festival, an annual Thanksgiving extravaganza featuring thrilling cross-country races, ski clinics, and unique events like grizzly bear feeding demonstrations. Don’t miss the playful Turkey Trot—a festive race where costumes reign supreme.
- Kalispell: Experience the holiday spirit in proximity to Glacier National Park. Join the Turkey Trot in Whitefish, indulge in Black Friday deals at Kalispell Center Mall, and revel in local festivities like the Artists and Craftsmen of the Flathead Christmas Show and Christmas at the Mansion.
- Missoula: Gear up for the Brawl of the Wild football game between the University of Montana and Montana State University. Runners can partake in the Turkey Day races, while the Craft Show at Sentinel High School showcases handmade holiday goods by local artisans.
- Bozeman: Feast your eyes on the snow-draped Rocky Mountains while participating in the Huffing for Stuffing race, benefiting the Gallatin Valley Food Bank. Join the bustling Small Business Saturday downtown for discounts and entertainment.
- Billings: Montana’s largest city offers a range of activities, including the Run Turkey Run event and Santa’s Dash for Cash, where participants can win various prizes. Celebrate with the Billings Holiday Parade and the enchanting Nutcracker ballet.
- Big Timber: Transport yourself to the Wild West ambiance of Big Timber with a traditional turkey dinner at the Grand Hotel. Experience the picturesque landscape during the Cow Country Stampede in Melville, complemented by a kids’ obstacle race.
- Butte: Delve into Butte’s rich history while participating in the Turkey Trot and exploring the town’s 1800s-era copper boom artifacts. Take in the historic downtown and special sales during Small Business Saturday.
- Polson: Embrace the natural beauty around Flathead Lake during the Turkey Trot, benefiting the Polson Food Pantry. Opt for a stress-free holiday dinner by grabbing a delicious meal from the Good Food store in nearby Missoula.
- Great Falls: Trace the steps of Lewis and Clark during the Burn the Bird run, followed by Thanksgiving specials at local eateries like Good Time Charlie’s or Cody Bill’s Steakhouse. End the day with the mesmerizing annual Bridge Lights along the Missouri River.
Whichever corner of Montana you choose, a Thanksgiving spent amidst its breathtaking landscapes and diverse events promises an unforgettable holiday experience.
The Best Destinations To Travel This Thanksgiving!
10 Thanksgiving Foods You Shouldn't Give Your Dog
Gallery Credit: Bejay Lindseth
Which Stores Are Closed or Open on Thanksgiving 2023?
Gallery Credit: Michelle Heart