Billings’ Pack the Place in Pink is Back. What’s New for 2022?
Billings' Pack the Place in Pink began at Skyview High in 2007 when teacher and volleyball coach Vicki Heebner Carle was diagnosed with breast cancer. The non-profit organization became an official 501(3)c in 2013 and to date, the group has raised nearly $700,000 for Montana women going through breast cancer. Two-time breast cancer survivor Carle is now retired.
All of the money stays in Montana.
Susy Paddock has been involved with Pack the Place in Pink since it first began. She came by our studios today (10/3) and shared that the group gives 97% of all funds back to women in Montana. No one takes a salary. The remaining 3% covers minimal overhead/administrative costs. Funds are available on a "no questions asked" type policy and the money can be used for anything from a house or car payment to groceries or medical travel purposes.
The online auction is underway NOW.
Pack the Place in Pink has evolved from a one-night affair at Skyview, to more of a monthlong fundraiser in October. Events kicked off on October 1st with an online Facebook auction HERE. The online auction closes Sunday, October 9th at 5 pm. There are tons of cool items up for grabs, so have fun browsing and shopping!
Pack the Stadium in Pink
You can head to Bozeman on October 22nd and pack Bobcat Stadium in pink as they host Weber State. MSU has supported Pack the Place in Pink for the last four years. Carle (an MSU alum and Bobcat Hall of Famer) told MSU,
We are honored to have the Bobcats in our Pink Corner. Being a Bobcat myself, I am humbled that MSU supports this cause and assists our fundraising year-round!
Pink Bobcat gear can be found at the MSU Bookstore or at Universal Athletics.