Top Four Fourth of July Activities Around the Billings Area
It promises to be a busy Fourth of July weekend that is packed with activities and events in and around Billings.
Here are just a few of the highlights:
- Billings has a July Fourth celebration planned for families again up in Billings Heights at Castlerock Park with Harvest Church and its Celebrate Freedom event. 10 a.m. is the Freedom Bike Ride, a Criterium Bike Race. The family carnival and other free events are underway from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., with concessions available. This year's Freedom Run begins at 8:30 p.m. ending just in time for the fireworks at dusk at Castlerock Park.
- Laurel's 40th annual street dance kicks off the weekend-long event from 7 p.m. to midnight on First Street, between Second and Third with Zen Classic Rock on July 3. There is a full day of July 4th activities with the 6 a.m. pancake feed at Fireman's Park. The Chief Joseph Run gets underway at 7 a.m. The Grand Parade begins at 11 a.m., preceded by the children's parade at 10 a.m. There is an all-day July Fourth street fair with booths, activities and food. The main event is the Thompson Park Fireworks Show at dusk.
- Roundup has a three-day carnival planned beginning on July 3 with Independence Days. The theme is all about western history and national pride. There will be a parade on the 3rd, concerts and family activities. Fireworks at 10 p.m. on July 3rd. On July 4 in Roundup the highlight activity will be the Roundup Rodeo at 2 p.m. at the Musselshell County Fairgrounds. On Sunday, July 5, the big event is the Buttons and Bows Youth Rodeo at Ridge Riders Arena at 10 a.m.
- Red Lodge's Independence Day weekend features a parade every day, July 2, 3 and 4. Parades begin at noon in the heart of Red Lodge. There will be three performances of The Home of Champions Rodeo on July 2 at 6 p.m., July 3 at 6 p.m. and July 4 at 3 p.m. at the rodeo grounds.
- Absaroke: The 13th Annual Montana BBQ Cook-off is Sunday, July 5 in Absarokee and lasts until the food is gone. There will be music, vendor booths and barbecue samples, too.
And, do not forget that there is Billings Mustang Baseball on July 2 through July 5 at Dehler Park in downtown Billings. Games start at 7:05 p.m. on July 2 and 3 and 1:05 p.m. on July 4 and 5.