5 Best Groups For Montana Foodies And Cooking Lovers
If a good part of your life revolves around delicious food, cooking, new restaurants, and exploring recipes, these groups across Montana are tailored to your foodie side. Interestingly, the level of expertise you can find in this state is impressive and has come an awfully long way in recent years.
MONTANA OUTLAW BBQ - If BBQ is your thing, following this famous Montana team is a must. Not only are they incredibly nice people (I've had the pleasure of interviewing them before a KCBS competition), but they are one of the best BBQ teams in the entire region...not just Montana. They share their knowledge, teach classes, donate their proceeds, and just enjoy what they do. Montana Outlaw BBQ official website.
How good are they? "Reserve Grand Champion at the American Royal World Series of Barbecue Open, 7 Grand Championships, and 5 invitations to the Jack Daniel’s World Invitational Championship Barbeque." They have their own line of BBQ rubs and they're fun to follow on social media.
- 2016 Grand Champion Montana BBQ Cook-off | Absarokee, MT
- 2016 Reserve Grand Champion Open American Royal World Series of Barbecue | Kansas City, MO
- 2017 Grand Champion Overall Montana Pitmaster Classic | Bozeman, MT
- 2017 Grand Champion Sam’s Club BBQ Tour | Renton, WA
- 2017 Jack Daniels Invitational Barbecue World Championship | Lynchburg, TN
- 2018 Grand Champion Overall Montana Pitmaster Classic | Bozeman, MT
- 2018 Jack Daniels Invitational Barbecue World Championship | Lynchburg, TN
- 2019 Grand Champion Overall Montana Pitmaster Classic | Bozeman, MT
- 2019 Grand Champion Big Buffalo Crossing BBQ Cook Off | Munfordville, KY
- 2021 Grand Champion Overall Montana Pitmaster Classic | Bozeman, MT
- 2021 Jack Daniels Invitational Barbecue World Championship | Lynchburg, TN
- 2022 Reserve Grand Champion Overall Montana Pitmaster Classic | Bozeman, MT
- 2022 Jack Daniels Invitational Barbecue World Championship | Lynchburg, TN
HELENA AREA FOOD TRUCK TRACKER GROUP (on Facebook) - The title of this group speak for itself, but I will say it's also a handy place to find out about Helena area food-related special events. With thousands of members, the food truckers do a great job of sharing their locations and news. (You'll have to join the group before you can participate.) "Stay informed of the current and future locations of Helena Area (Helena, Montana City, East Helena, Clancy, and other local areas) food trucks, trailers, and food events."
DANIELS GOURMET MEATS & SAUSAGES - A well-known butcher shop in Bozeman, Daniels is a third generation meat purveyor. Following them on socials is fun, and if you're in the Bozeman area their products are top notch. The best part? The Daniels official website is FULL of excellent recipes. These guys know what they're doing and they're willing to share.
BOZEMAN FOODIES GROUP (on Facebook) - With as many restaurants that have popped up in the Bozeman area in recent years, the community has finally gathered a decent sized group of kind, polite, and helpful foodies. Professional chefs and us simple food lovers can swap reviews, recipes, tips, and recommendations. It's an intelligent group of food lovers who share their knowledge freely. (It's a private group, so you'll have to request to join and jump through appropriate hoops.)
BILLINGS FOOD TRUCK TRACKER GROUP (on Facebook) - This is a ridiculously huge group and a must-join if you want to know about Billings, Montana food trucks. It's actually mind blowing how big and active this group is, yet Bozeman can barely keep tabs on it's own food truck scene. Billings for the food truck win, for sure. From fried okra to funnel cakes to veggie sandwiches, Billings Food Truck Tracker is helpful and accurate.
25 Best Places For Prime Rib in Montana
Gallery Credit: Jesse James
ALL The Food Truck Options At MontanaFair for 2023!
Gallery Credit: Josh Rath, TSM / Jaci Bjorne, TSM
5 Excellent Hacks For Recycling In Montana
Gallery Credit: mwolfe